Since ancient times, honey has been used both as a food and a medicine.
It’s very high in beneficial plant compounds and offers several health benefits. Honey is particularly healthy when used instead of refined sugar, which is 100% empty calories. This delicious ingredient is a real natural benefit; it combines great taste with nutritious food. It is one of the few natural ingredients that can be eaten literally. Without preparing anything, thanks to the magic of bees. Here are some health and dietary benefits of honey.
Here are the top 10 health benefits of honey.
1) It uses natural sugar, without the problems caused by refined sugar and artificial sweets. In fact, in many cases, honey actually lowers high blood sugar levels due to its unique combination of fructose and glucose.
2) Contains high levels of flavonoids and antioxidants, which reduce the risk of cancer and keep your cell and immune system healthy.
3) It is an antibacterial, an anti-fungal, that works in the stomach system, kills germs (partly because it has such a long shelf-life, but we will come later!). It keeps stomach-related diseases such as ulcers, and also helps treat acid reflux.
4) It is one of the most popular treatments for insomnia. Studies have shown that a tablespoon of honey before bed helps a person to sleep well and to feel better.
5) Honey is a natural remedy for colds, coughs and other nasal and cold conditions, which help keep all throat and nose infections away.
6) If you experience pollen allergies (yes, the same ingredient that bees use to make honey), a tablespoon of this sweet acid can help to reduce the sensitivity and sensitivity of the body.
7) Deficiencies of protein, saturated fats, and vitamins and minerals (trace amounts only), are made up of bioactive compounds of plants such as carotenoids and polyphenols, which promote overall health by reducing the risk of heart disease and other diseases.
8) It is a powerful source of energy, rich in natural sugars. In fact, during the ancient Olympics, athletes ate honey and figs to increase their performance and maintain glycogen levels.
9) It measures cholesterol levels in the body, reduces bad cholesterol slightly and raises good cholesterol.
10) Honey boosts the body’s metabolism naturally, and suppresses sugar cravings, thus helping to lose weight.
Conclusion: Honey is a organic source of protien it can be included in daily diet for several benefits. When it isn’t stored properly, may crystallise the natural glucose separates from the water content. So store it well, since there is no way to reverse this process. If you need the honey then and there though, a temporary solution is to reheat the quantity required and stir up the sugar and water content.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Banana.