Before we go on listing these stretches, here is the reason why it is a good idea to stretch before bed. Those who suffer from sleep disorder must be aware of some natural remedies like chamomile tea, the use of essential oils etc. In addition to that many people are not aware that stretching before bed can also help them improve their quality of sleep.
It’s not what I am saying, in fact, the studies have shown that the meditative movements like Yoga and Tai Chi.
Now that you know why these stretches before bed is a healthy choice –
# Kneeling Lat Stretch
This is the kind of stretch that helps you loosen up the muscles in your back and shoulders. Doing this stretch before bed can also relieve pain and discomfort.
1. Come into a kneeling position in front of any chair, couch or even a low table.
2. After that check knees are directly under your hips. (For extra Support you can rest on a blanket or cushion).
3. Lengthen and stretch your spine as you hinge at the hips while resting your forearms on the surface with your palms facing together.
4. Hold on for 30 seconds and repeat 1 to 3 times.
# Nech Stretches
This stretch before bed can be really relaxing while relieving the tension in your head, neck as well as shoulder.
1. Sit in a comfortable chair and take your right hand to the top of your head (your left ear)
2. Gently bring your right ear towards your right shoulder holding this position for 5 breath.
3. Repeat the same on the opposite side.
4. Then, turn to the right shoulder and keep the rest of your body facing forward.
5. Hold the position for 5 breaths and repeat.
# Seated Forward Bend
The stretch helps to loosen up your spine, shoulders, and hamstrings. This also helps you in stretching lower back.
1. Sit down with your legs extended in front.
2. stretch your spine while pressing your sit bone into the ground.
3. Hinge at your hips to fold forward
4. Relax your head and tuck your chin into your chest.
5. hold on for 5 minutes
These are the best stretches before bed that one should engage in every day.