The health benefits of a simple cup of turmeric tea are almost endless.This popular spice has been used as a herbal remedy for thousands of years around the world, from India to China. What makes turmeric so special is its active ingredient – curcumin. This special combination is one of the main reasons for all of its health benefits and it also gives turmeric its unique yellow color.
From latmeric latte to turmeric smoothies, there are one thousand ways to put your hands on this useful plant. Here at Artigiano, we like to use this spicy spice in a traditional way – in a nice cup of tea.
What Are the Health Benefits of Turmeric Tea?
- Strong Antioxidant – Turmeric is packed with polyphenols, AKA antioxidants, known to protect your body from free radicals that can cause mutations in your cellular DNA. They also play a role in treating the damage you get to your body from natural carcinogens.
- Potent Anti-Inflammatory – The effectiveness of Curcumin in being an anti-inflammatory antagonist even with over-the-counter medications (without side effects). It is these properties that help make turmeric a good natural remedy for the symptoms of arthritis and gout.
- Improves liver function and digestion – Curcumin has been shown to improve blood flow through the liver, helping to improve liver excretion and repair damaged liver cells. It can also increase bile production and help balance the levels of bacteria in the stomach, giving you a healthy digestive system.
- Improve Cardiovascular Health – Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help improve blood flow to the heart, promote anti-platelet functions that can help protect blocked arteries.
- Healthy Skin Conditions – It can help with internal and external issues with psoriasis and other inflammatory skin diseases.
- Immune System – Curcumin contains antibodies that allow it to act as a natural antibacterial agent, which helps to protect your wounds from infection.
- Naturally Reduces Pain – Turmeric has been found to have an effect on certain pain receptors in the body, especially the chest, shoulders and abdominal area. Which means it can help reduce the chronic pain associated with menstrual cramps, painful bowel syndrome and frozen shoulder.
Conclusion: Now that we have gone through the amazing benefits of turmeric tea, you may include this in your daily diets. It easily available everywhere.