Eyes help us to understand the things and activities that are going around in the surrounding. Hence it is necessary for each of us to take care of their eyes. To keep your eyes healthy, you should be eating the right kind of food also because when your eyes would be healthy, the better it would function.
To ensure that the eyes remain healthy, you should take a balanced diet daily. If you take a healthy diet, no severe eye disease can affect these visionary organs of yours. A good diet can easily prevent many conditions such as dry eyes, glaucoma, cataracts, and various age-related issues.
Our eyes need various nutrients such as lutein, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, minerals, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin and vitamin types such A, C, E in order to function correctly. When you consume the right kind of food, you will automatically get these ingredients.
1) Fish: It is considered superfood that when taken, will do wonders for your eyes. They have omega-3 fatty acids which are considered a healthy fat. They contribute to the eyes’ visual development and also improves retina functioning. Make sure that you eat fish at least twice a day.
2) Almonds: Nuts and seeds are considered suitable for our eyes. Among these, almonds top the list. They contain Vitamin E that safeguards the eye tissues. They prevent the growth of harmful molecules that could be harmful to the retina tissues. Consuming them in right amounts saves you from various eye diseases that may be related to older age. You can take almonds as evening snacks.
3) Carrots: Another food that is always recommended for healthy eyes and contains Vitamin A & beta carotene, are carrots. Its intake safeguards the eyes surface prevents dry eyes and other infections. You can take carrots in the form of salads and soups.
4) Orange: Citrus food has always been considered suitable for eyes health. Among these fruits, orange intake is especially beneficial. It helps to keep your eyes blood vessels healthy and also detoxes the eye impurities. It helps to combat various age-related eye diseases.
5) Eggs: Another favorite healthy food, the egg contains multiple nutrients such as zinc, Vitamin A and is one of the essential supplements for our eyes. Famous as a versatile food, egg lowers the chance of getting some serious eye diseases such as cataract and muscular degeneration. Its nutrients are known to safeguard cornea- an essential part of our eyes.
6) Dairy Products: Dairy items such as curd, yogurt, milk, etc. are really great for our eyes. They contain mineral zinc along with Vitamin A & E. Vitamins play a significant role in the building of new cells and protecting the cornea wall. While zinc makes the night vision better, an adequate amount of zinc in diet can prevent cataract to a great extent. Dairy products also contain proteins that keep the eyes thoroughly healthy.
Eyes are the organs through which we experience the outer world. Therefore, we should take every effort to protect it from diseases. Apart from having a healthy diet, we should also follow some basic habits such as washing the eyes regularly, visiting the eye doctor every three months, wearing sunglasses in the sun, etc.